Previously, only large enterprises and seasoned marketers invested in the best sales funnel software. Then startups and small businesses, on the other hand, were mostly focused on digital marketing tools.
With time, however, we’ve seen the trends shifting as small businesses increasingly join the sales funnel builder bandwagon. Although they still value marketing, lead conversion is exceedingly taking over as their main priority.
If you doubt it, you might want to check out a 2018 report prepared by HubSpot, after they surveyed marketers across different business fields. It turns out that 69% of them admit that lead conversion should be your number one priority.
And their argument is, your marketing efforts- regardless of how good they are- are ultimately wasted if your sales funnels subsequently fail to follow up with the prospects.
So, you could say that, in the end, it all comes down to how well you’ve built and streamlined your sales pipelines.
Now that’s precisely where sales funnel builders come in…
The Sales Funnel Builders of 2021
Thankfully, sales funnel builders in the year 2021 come in all shapes and sizes.
You can get yourself a free sales funnel builder, a cheap sales funnel builder, a sales funnel builder that doubles up as CRM software, an all-in-one sales funnel builder that combines marketing campaigns and sales pipelines, or maybe, purchase one that’s specifically optimized for your business industry.
Whatever you ultimately settle for, your sales funnel builder should give you just the right set of tools for not only building, but also automating, and streamlining your sales pipelines.
Unfortunately, that’s easier said than done. While the market offers a wide range of options, choosing the best sales funnel builder from the lot can be overwhelmingly difficult.
Tell you what, though. I’ve got you covered. You see, after trying out all the best-rated sales tools, I’ve finally identified the best sales funnel builders for small businesses in 2021.
The five finalists are:
This article explores their main features, pricing plans, as well as the pros and cons you should expect while using each of the sales funnel builders.
But, before we dive into that, I’ll let you in on the primary factors you should consider if you intend to choose the best sales funnel builder for your business.
What to Look Out for When Choosing the Best Sales Funnel Builder
- Ease of Use: How intuitive are the sales management tools? Can you build and manage sales pipelines without any technical skills? How steep is the learning curve? Are the controls and functions self-explanatory?
- Engagement Channels: Does the sales funnel builder offer omnichannel experiences? Does it support the channels your target audiences frequently use? How far can you automate lead engagement across the channels?
- Customizability: Does the sales funnel builder give you tools for editing the sales pipelines? How far can you customize the funnels? Are the editing tools easy enough for non-technical users? Does it offer pre-built campaign templates?
- Integrations: Can the sales funnel builder be integrated with your digital business ecosystem? Does it support data imports from third-party marketing tools? Can you seamlessly embed it into your content management system?
- Reports and Analytics: What type of sales insights can you generate from the sales funnel builder? Does it offer real-time analytics? How far can you track your prospects and customers? Does it provide predictive sales analytics? Is it capable of setting up custom reports?
With that said, here are five of the most outstanding sales funnel builders you might want to prioritize:
Top 5 Best Sales Funnel Builders for Small Businesses in 2021
1. The Best Sales Funnel Builder #1: GetResponse
Pros and Cons
|Supports webinars.||Places limits on the number of automation workflows and sales funnels.|
|Simple and intuitive dashboard.||Has a very basic form builder.|
|Combines sales funnel building with email marketing automation.||Can be costly when you have numerous contacts.|
|Comes with a built-in e-commerce platform.|
|Offers a Social Ads creator for publishing Instagram and Facebook ads.|
Ok, GetResponse probably isn’t the type of solution that might come to mind when you think about sales funnel builders. And the reason is, it’s more renowned for its email marketing capabilities.
But, make no mistake about it. While GetResponse partly touts itself as an email marketing software, it also happens to be one of the best sales funnel builders for small businesses.
The software actually comes as an all-inclusive digital tool suite for building and managing email campaigns, conversion funnels, landing pages, social media ads, web forms, surveys, webinars, etc. So, in simple terms, you could say that GetResponse covers pretty much all the standard digital channels.
And yes, its sales funnel builder is capable of incorporating all of them to form well-streamlined omnichannel pipelines. You will, for example, find it packed with customizable pre-built conversion funnels that link sign-up pages with pop-up forms, follow-up emails, order forms, sales pages, abandoned cart emails, confirmation pages, upsell pages, and confirmation emails.
You can take advantage of that to generate traffic, compel prospects to join your mailing list, nurture leads, personalize product recommendations, win back abandoned carts, as well as follow-up purchases with upsell offers.
In essence, GetResponse is all about using real store data to automatically personalize omnichannel messages and consequently convert the right leads at the right time.
- Sales funnels for selling products and services.
- Ecommerce tools for digital selling and sales management.
- List-building funnel for growing your mailing list.
- Lead magnet funnel.
- Webinar funnel.
- Pre-built sales conversion funnels.
- Polls and surveys for collecting feedback from audiences.
- Webinars for communicating with your audiences in real-time.
- Marketing automation workflows for welcoming new subscribers, winning back abandoned carts, upselling products, etc.
- Website visitor tracking.
- Custom contact segments based on visitor behavior.
- Time-sensitive deals and special offers.
- customizable popup forms.
- Landing pages that are optimized for SEO and conversion.
- Email marketing automation.
- Contact segmentation for personalized campaigns.
- Automatic transactional emails such as deliver order confirmations, receipts, notifications, etc.
- Basic: The cost ranges from $10.50 per month for 1,000 contacts to $450 a month for 100k contacts. That gives you unlimited landing pages, autoresponders, email marketing, unlimited lead funnels, 1 sales funnel, unlimited automation templates, plus e-commerce tools.
- Plus: The cost ranges between $34.30 per month for 1,000 contacts and $499 per month for 100k contacts. It supplements all the features on the Basic Plan with 5 automation workflows, automation builder, contact scoring and tagging, simple CRM, webinars, 5 sales funnels, plus 5 webinar funnels.
- Professional: The cost ranges from $69.30 per month for 1,000 contacts and $580 per month for 100k contacts. That gives you all the Plus plan features, as well as webinars with 300 attendees, unlimited workflows, paid webinars, unlimited webinar funnels, and unlimited sales funnels
- Max: For a custom quote, Max supplements all the features on the professional plan with a dedicated IP address, email campaign consulting, deliverability consulting, and dedicated support.
2. The Best Sales Funnel Builder #2: Kartra
Pros and Cons
|Offers web hosting.||Relatively pricey.|
|Performs Behavioral Adaptive Marketing (BAM).||Limits the volume of email sends per month.|
|Provides pre-built campaign templates.||Supports only up to 50,000 leads.|
|Comes with a built-in autoresponder and affiliate management system||The many features might feel a bit overwhelming.|
|Carries out sales funnel split tests.|
Almost two decades after GetResponse was launched, an internet marketing expert came up with yet another all-inclusive marketing solution by the name of Kartra.
You can think of it as a digital marketing ecosystem since besides sales funnel building, Kartra plays the role of marketing automation software, email marketing tool, website hosting provider, and landing page builder.
Therefore, you can rely on it for pretty much all the basic stuff you need to set up and grow your online business. And for the few stuff that Kartra doesn’t offer, at least it supports quite a neat range of third-party integrations.
Now, when it comes to building sales funnels, you’ll love the fact that Kartra is seemingly considerate of both beginners and technically-experienced users. Newbies get to take advantage of its nifty drag-and-drop interfaces and prebuilt campaign templates, while seasoned marketers and salespeople are bound to enjoy the customization freedom that the platform offers.
Whichever group of users you fall into, you should be able to set up a holistically interconnected sales funnel that runs systematically from your landing pages all the way to the checkout pages and beyond.
The pre-built funnel templates include the famous Kartra MasterClass Campaign for sending your prospects to video presentations after registration; an eShop Campaign for selling multiple stuff from one page; a Book Funnel Campaign for promoting your books; a Quick Launch Campaign for launching stuff; a List Builder Campaign for growing your mailing list; plus, of course, my personal favorite, Kartra’s 4 Day Cash Campaign, which is intended to help you convert in 4 days.
And the best thing is, all these campaigns can be customized from Kartra’s drag and drop editor. Otherwise, you could build a custom one from scratch, or possibly even buy a couple from the experts on Kartra’s Marketplace.
- Drag and drop automation builder.
- Pre-built plug and play campaigns.
- Lead tagging and segmenting.
- If/Then funnel automation rules.
- Multi-page funnel flow.
- SMS marketing campaigns.
- Comprehensive affiliate management.
- Supports membership-based businesses.
- Lead and customer tracking.
- Drag-and-drop site builder.
- Custom programming support.
- Targeted web forms.
- Smart and intuitive page builder.
- Campaign analytics.
- Video hosting
- Starter: For $99 a month when billed monthly, or an equivalent of $79 per month when billed annually, the Starter plan offers Kartra Funnels and Campaigns, Kartra Forms, Kartra Leads, Kartra Pages, Kartra Checkouts, Kartra Agency, Kartra Calendars, Kartra Helpdesks, Kartra Videos, Kartra Affiliate Management, Kartra Memberships, Kartra Mail, hosting for 100 web pages, 50 GB bandwidth, 15,000 email sends per month, 1 custom domain, 2,500 contacts, 20 products, plus 2 membership sites.
- Silver: Costs $199 a month when billed monthly, or an equivalent of $149 per month when billed annually. That gives you all the features on the Starter plan plus hosting for an unlimited number of web pages, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited email sends, 3 custom domains, 12,500 contacts, unlimited helpdesks, unlimited team members, unlimited membership sites, and unlimited products.
- Gold: Costs $299 a month when billed monthly, or an equivalent of $229 per month when billed annually. It supplements all the features on the Silver plan with support for 5 custom domains, and up to 25,000 leads.
- Platinum: For $499 a month when billed monthly, or an equivalent of $3799 per month when billed annually, the Platinum plan supports 10 custom domains, and up to 50,000 leads
3. The Best Sales Funnel Builder #3: ConvertKit
Pros and Cons
|Offers a permanently free package.||No phone or live chat support.|
|Has a high email delivery rate.||Supports a very limited number of third-party integrations.|
|Offer email scheduling and automation.|
|Provides a visual automation builder.|
|Capable of tracking conversion rates.|
While the rest of the solutions in our best sales funnel builder list are ideal for all types of small businesses, ConvertKit is built specifically for bloggers, creatives, and digital product sellers. It helps them manage their subscribers, segment lists, build forms, sell digital products and subscriptions, as well as set up automated sales funnels and marketing campaigns.
The customer journeys here are built directly from ConvertKit’s visual automation editor. It gives you a simple and intuitive interface for seamlessly managing all the conditions, actions, and events along with your sales funnels.
Then when all the points are joined together, they form a well-streamlined automation sequence- complete with landing pages, opt-in forms, email auto-responders, webinars, newsletters, etc. What you include here depends on what you intend to achieve with your campaign.
And speaking of which, you can bet that ConvertKit is flexible enough to accommodate all sorts of campaigns.
If complex sequences are not your cup of tea, for instance, you can simply select an ideal automation template and then tweak its settings. ConvertKit happens to offer templates for campaign goals such as; recovering abandoned carts, sending optimized newsletters, launching products, and hosting webinars.
Seasoned users, on the other hand, might prefer building their own sales funnels from scratch. And when it comes to that, ConvertKit is capable of stretching as far as five entry points for each automation.
You could, for example, include triggers like signing up or purchasing a product, followed by an action such as tagging customers.
Once lead conversion occurs, the platform further helps you sell through its built-in ConvertKit Commerce tool. This is a basic e-commerce shopping cart that comes optimized for digital product sales plus recurring purchases.
And guess what? There are no restrictions on the number of products you can sell.
- Custom sales funnel paths
- Built-in e-commerce tool for selling digital products.
- Customizable email templates.
- Personalized audience content.
- Targeted opt-in forms.
- High-conversion landing pages.
- Automations with link triggers connecting to email sequences.
- Simple If/Then automation rules.
- Visual automation layouts.
- Targeted drip content.
- Automated email funnels.
- Customizable segments.
- High email delivery rate.
- Landing page templates.
- Free: This is totally free for users with a maximum of 1,000 subscribers. It comes with email support, a built-in e-commerce platform, email broadcast sending, plus an unlimited number of landing pages and forms.
- Creator: The cost ranges from $25 per month for 1,000 subscribers to $2,299 per month for 400k subscribers. It supplements all the features in the Free package with automated funnels and sequences, plus free migration.
- Creator Pro: The cost ranges from $50 a month for 1,000 subscribers to $2,599 per month for 400k subscribers. That gives you all the features on the Creator plan along with advanced reporting, subscriber scoring, newsletter referral system, plus Facebook custom audiences.
4. The Best Sales Funnel Builder #4: ClickFunnels
Pros and Cons
|Easy to use.||Relatively costly.|
|Offers an all-rounded backpack affiliate system.||Limited customer support capabilities.|
|Comes with a drag and drop visual editor.|
|Facilitates the sharing of sales funnels.|
|Provides split testing tools.|
Founded in 2014, ClickFunnels has grown to become one of the most popular sales funnel builders in the small-to-medium-sized-business space. More than 150,000 users have already used its tools to build close to 8 million omnichannel funnels.
And the best thing is, you don’t need any marketing experience or technical knowledge to join them. ClickFunnels offers you very simple tools for setting up and customizing functional sales funnels.
At the very top is a basic drag and drop visual editor, which allows you to intuitively customize the wide range of funnel templates that ClickFunnels offers. You can, for instance, connect subscription pop-ups with email autoresponders and so forth.
Creating landing pages is also considerably easy, as ClickFunnels combines its intuitive landing page builder with predefined sales funnels that cover various business fields and campaign goals.
If you’re trying to attract prospects, for instance, you could proceed with funnels optimized for lead generation. Then salespeople, on the other hand, might want to capitalize on the accompanying product selling templates.
Well, personally, I’ve used ClickFunnels’ webinar templates from time to time. And, I can tell you that they’re quite effective at automating video promotion campaigns. Once you set them up, ClickFunnels proceeds to channel your leads through your webinars before finally converting them with custom offers.
But, that’s not all. ClickFunnels further includes even membership-based sites in its template kitty. You’ll find customizable funnels that bring in subscriptions by promoting your site through brief content snippets.
Another feature you’ll enjoy on ClickFunnels is its Backpack Affiliate Programme. It gives you the chance to easily and quickly set up smart affiliate marketing campaigns, complete with great incentives for your partners.
You could, for instance, use “sticky cookies” to pay them commissions for not just the original products bought by their referrals, but also the subsequent return purchases. That’s how you keep your marketers happy and loyal over the long haul.
- “Fast Funnel” campaign templates.
- Follow-up sales funnels.
- Backpack affiliate system.
- Intuitive drag and drop page editor.
- Smart, easy-to-use sales funnel builder.
- Visual chart of your sales funnels.
- Split tests for optimizing the performance of your campaign assets.
- Supports membership-based sites.
- Email and text message broadcasting.
- Pre-designed email templates.
- Automated email sequences.
- Order bumps.
- Basic order forms.
- Once-click upsells.
- Multiple-domain support.
- Integrates with payment gateways.
- ClickFunnels: For $97 a month, this package offers Funnel Flix, chat support, 3 domains, 3 payment gateway integrations, 1 additional team member, 100 web pages with each funnel, plus 20 sales funnels per month.
- ClickFunnels Platinum: For $297 a month, ClickFunnels Platinum provides all the features on the ClickFunnels plan, along with weekly peer review Hackathons, priority support, an unlimited number of follow-up funnels, 9 domains, 9 payment gateway integrations, 3 additional team members, an unlimited number of web pages with each funnel, plus an unlimited volume of sales funnels per month.
- Two Comma Club: For $2,497 a month, the Two Comma Club takes things up a notch with VIP Phone Support 27 domains, 27 payment gateway integrations, plus 10 additional team members.
5. The Best Sales Funnel Builder #5: Leadpages
Pros and Cons
|Simple and easy to use.||Very basic sales funnels.|
|High-converting landing pages.|
|Provides mobile alert bar messaging.|
|Offers numerous templates.|
|Accommodates an unlimited number of leads.|
Unlike Kartra and GetResponse, Leadpages doesn’t try to squeeze everything under one roof. Instead, it prioritizes the most critical stages along the sales funnel, particularly where the customer journey begins- on the landing pages.
Yes, that’s right. Leadpages is largely a landing page builder. That means it best suits small businesses seeking to convert from their landing pages.
The page builder itself runs a lot like other theme-based content management systems- such as WordPress. All you need to do is select a basic template and then customize its elements using simple drag and drop editing.
And speaking of which, Leadpages boasts an impressive collection of more than 150 professionally designed templates.
You can choose one based on your business industry, or alternatively, sort them according to their conversion rates. As it turns out, Leadpages ranks its templates based on its performance trends across thousands of stores.
Now, if you’re looking to build a mailing list too, you might want to leverage Leadpages’ Leadboxes. These are basic opt-in forms that can be automatically triggered by simple actions like button clicks. You could design yours to include a call to action followed by a two-step opt-in.
And while you’re it, you might also find the Leaddigits tool to be quite useful. It complements Leadboxes by giving your leads the chance to opt-in via their phones and automated SMS messages.
Then down the sales funnel, you could use Leadlinks to drive conversions. This entails placing links in broadcast emails to encourage leads to take actions like purchasing a product or possibly signing up for a webinar.
- Landing page hosting.
- Optimized specifically for landing page conversions.
- Numerous third-party app integrations.
- More than 150 free templates.
- Responsive drag and drop editor.
- Unlimited A/B testing.
- Real-time performance tracking.
- Built-in checkouts
- High-converting sales pages.
- Conversion-optimized content.
- Opt-in offers.
- Non-intrusive, mobile-friendly alert bars.
- Exit-intent pop-ups.
- Timed pop-ups.
- Standard: For $37 a month when billed monthly, or an equivalent of $27 per month when billed annually, this package offers 40+ standard integrations, email tech support, lead notifications, mobile-responsive site templates, free hosting, free custom domain, unlimited traffic and leads, landing pages, pop-ups, plus alert bars- all on one site.
- Pro: Costs $79 a month when billed monthly, or an equivalent of $59 per month when billed annually. That gives you all the features in the standard package, along with 10 opt-in text campaigns, email trigger links, unlimited split testing, chat, and email tech support, as well as support for online sales and payments. What’s more, you get to run Leadpages on up to 3 sites.
- Advanced: For $321 a month when billed monthly, or an equivalent of $239 per month when billed annually, this package pushes everything to the next level. Some of the extra privileges you should expect include; 1-on-1 onboarding call, 50 extra opt-in text campaigns, advanced integrations, and priority phone support. At this level, Leadpages is capable of deploying on up to 50 sites.
And there you have it. The best sales funnel builders for small businesses in 2021.
Well, in case you’re wondering, I guess I’d go for Kartra since it covers pretty much everything under one roof.
Ok, I know it’s not the cheapest or the easiest to use- but, at least its robust tools are capable of building and running dynamically-automated campaigns. I like how Kartra systematically links multiple channels to form a single well-streamlined sales funnel.
But, if you’d prefer a simpler and cheaper option, I’d advise you to particularly consider ConvertKit or GetResponse. Otherwise, you could also try out the likes of ActiveCampaign, CartFlows, and GrooveFunnels.