- Video Marketing Statistics
- Audience Statistics
- Facebook Statistics
- YouTube Statistics
- Other Social Media Video Statistics
- Optimization Statistics
- Future of Video
70+ Video Marketing Statistics, Facts & Figures For 2022
Video marketing is not a new trend by any means. Recent research shows that 85% of businesses were using videos in their marketing strategies.
Yet video marketing seems to increase in both use and popularity year on year. In 2020-22, with coronavirus shifting business strategies worldwide, video marketing has become a more vital resource than ever.
In fact, the latest research shows that video marketers currently earn 66% of their qualified leads through video.
It’s no surprise at all that 99% of marketers will continue to use video marketing in 2022.
Whether you already use video marketing in your business or not, it’s worth checking out these video marketing statistics.
As well as illustrating the status of video marketing in 2022, we’re going to give you some ways to get ahead with video marketing in the coming years too.
Video Marketing Statistics
It’s important to start by taking a look at what the video marketing experts have to say! Whether you’ve been using video marketing for years or are just beginning, these stats provide key benchmarks to consider.
1. 96% of marketers have placed ad spend on a video.
2. The video marketing industry is worth $135billion in the US alone.
3. 91% of marketers are happy with the ROI they see from video marketing.
4. In 2022, videos will make up 82% of all consumer traffic, with this number expected to continually grow.
5. 72% of all videos created are explainer videos.
6. 92% of marketers feel that the competition in video marketing has increased in the last year.
7. 80% of video marketers say that video has helped directly increase sales.
8. 73% of videos are two minutes or less.
9. There are over 500 hours of video uploaded to the internet every minute on YouTube alone.
10. Video is now the most popular form of content in content marketing strategies.
From this data, it’s clear that the video marketing space is becoming increasingly crowded. It’s also clear that, with an overwhelming amount of video content on the internet, companies are going to have to do more to stand out in the coming years.
Nevertheless, with such a high percentage of marketers speaking positively of the ROI they see from video marketing, standing out and getting results is clearly still easily achievable. The key to this is in giving the audience exactly what they want to see.
Video Marketing Audience Statistics
As with any form of marketing, it’s important to track the reaction of your audience to your video content.
With people stuck at home during the Coronavirus pandemic, there is a large audience waiting to watch video content at every moment…
11. 78% of people watch videos online every week and 55% of those people watch videos online every day.
12. 27.2 % of people watch over 10 hours of online video per week
13. 72% of people prefer learning about a product or service through video content.
14. Users watch videos on mobile 1.5 times more than on desktop.
15. Business-related videos are watched on desktop 87% of the time and 22% of business video views happen on a Thursday.
16. Users spend 88% more time browsing on websites that incorporate video content.
17. 87% of video marketers say that video has increased traffic to their site.
18. Viewers retain 90% of a message when they learn it through a video.
19. 92% of mobile users share videos with others.
20. 46% of users act after watching a video.
21. If you can make your audiences laugh, viewers result in a 92% increase in purchase intent.
22. Videos are shared on social media 1200% more than image or text posts.
With a huge audience watching a huge amount of video content, the question is simply how to capture their attention.
As well as optimizing videos for viewers’ preferred devices, it’s clear that creating videos that are widely shareable is important. It’s also important to optimize video content for each social media platform it is posted on.
In the next few sections, we’ll go into the major social media platforms for video marketing.
Facebook Video Marketing Statistics
23. Facebook users watch 8 billion videos a day on average.
24. 60% of Facebook viewers stop watching videos after 2 minutes.
25. 85% of users watch Facebook videos without sound.
26. Facebook Live videos produce 6 times as many interactions as traditional videos.
27. 62% of people reported being more interested in a product after seeing it featured on a Facebook story.
28. Facebook is the platform that video marketers plan to invest most in the coming years.
29. A Facebook video attracts 135% more organic traffic compared to a photo.
Experts describe that Facebook algorithms are now prioritizing video content more than ever before. This certainly makes sense when considering that videos are so highly engaged with on Facebook.
If you’re looking to start making B2C video content, Facebook could be a great place to start.
YouTube Video Marketing Statistics
30. The average YouTube views on mobile phones are over 40 minutes.
31. 87% of video marketers use YouTube.
32. 65% of users will skip a video advert as soon as possible on a YouTube video. Smartphone users will skip at a higher rate of 84%
33. YouTube reaches more 18+ year olds than prime time TV during prime time.
34. Half of 18-34-year olds would drop what they were doing to watch a YouTube video from their favorite creator.
35. 6 in 10 teenagers say that a YouTube creator has changed their view of the world.
36. 54% of people watch YouTube videos to learn how to solve a problem.
37. Particularly during the Coronavirus pandemic, people find that YouTube feels familiar and “like real life.” 65% of people reported this in a recent study.
YouTube has been around for 15 years now and its marketing potential is huge. Whether uploading a video or promoting your business through paid ads, the key is to draw the audience in in the first few seconds.
The data also shows that the potential of resonating with your audience on an emotional level is perhaps increased during the pandemic. Read more YouTube statistics here.
Other Social Media Video Marketing Stats
38. 82% of Twitter users mainly view video.
39. Tweets with video attracted 10x more engagements than Tweets without video
40. Video campaigns on LinkedIn have 82% view rates.
41. 87% of LinkedIn video marketers describe it as a successful channel.
42. More than 1 billion videos are watched on TikTok every day.
43. Only 5% of marketers have created videos on TikTok.
44. 70% of Instagram stories are watched with sound.
45. 77% of marketers have posted videos on IGTV.
46. Video generates more engagement on Instagram than any other form of content.
47. 75% of people who view an Instagram video take action afterward.
48. Pinterest users are 2.6x more likely to make a purchase after watching a video on the platform.
49. Snapchat users watch over 10 billion videos a day.
50. Twitch content consumption grew by 83% in 2020 alone, with over 17 Billion Hours of Content watched.
51.76% of Twitch viewers appreciate brands that help their favorite streamers achieve success.
52. 84% of viewers believe showing support for creators is an important part of the Twitch experience
Instagram, Snapchat, Twitch, and TikTok are less commonly used in corporate video marketing strategies. As a result, they have a huge amount of untapped potential.
If you’re marketing to a millennial or generation Z audience, it is definitely worth checking these out.
Alternatively, if you are in the B2B space or targeting an older demographic, LinkedIn is worth looking at. For tips on video marketing for LinkedIn and B2B, read the next section.
Video Marketing Optimization Stats
53. Emails with the word “video” in the subject line are opened 13% more..
54. Adding videos into your emails can increase your clicks by up 300x.
55. Video consumption through mobile devices rises by 100% every year.
56. 94% of mobile owners hold their phones upright and only 13% of people switch their devices horizontally to watch a video.
57. 75% of executives watch work-related videos on business-related websites at least weekly.
58. The headline and thumbnail image are the two factors that are most likely to influence B2B video views, whilst the number of comments and likes are the factors least likely to influence this.
59. 76% of people are more likely to watch a B2B video on LinkedIn that is funny.
60. 8% of brand recall, 23% of brand awareness, and 25% of purchase intent result from video impressions that are less than two seconds long!
61. 75% of people are reluctant to buy if a video voiceover annoys them.
62. Personalized videos are 35% more likely to retain viewers than non-personalized ones.
The Future Of Video Marketing
So where is the industry going? What video marketing trends are predicted to be popular in 2022?
63. 95% of marketers plan to maintain or increase their spending on video marketing in the coming years.
64. Interactive videos can generate up to 4x greater engagement and conversion over traditional linear videos.
65. 90% of interactive videos get viewed to the end.
66. 57% of marketers use live video.
67. 70% of marketers report success from using 360 videos.
68. 64% of marketers report success from using virtual reality videos.
69. 39% of viewers would like to see companies providing more explainer videos.
70. People spent 100 minutes a day watching videos in 2021. This is a 19% increase from 2019 when the average minutes per day stood at 84.
71. Only 15% of businesses do not use metrics to track video success.
72. 52% of small and medium businesses will use both internal and external resources for video creation.
73. 46% of marketers started using video in 2019 because it is now more affordable.
Other than the general need for companies to be putting out consistent video content in order to compete in a world full of it, there are a number of ways for companies to get ahead in their video marketing strategies.
One way to do this is by a live video – which is currently under-utilized – and other methods are 360 videos (videos taken with a 360 camera perspective) and virtual reality videos.
Whilst virtual reality videos are currently very expensive to invest in, live and 360 videos are super easy ways to gain a competitive advantage in the video marketing space.
Sources & References
- Convince and convert
- Hubspot Blog
- Hubspot Report
- Hubspot 2017
- Interactive Video
- Marketing Land
- Marketing Mag
- Markinblog TikTok
- Twitch Sales
Every effort is taken to keep this piece up-to-date. We revisit these video marketing statistics twice yearly in order to update old facts and figures and provide a current and holistic view of the video marketing industry.
52 Podcast Statistics and Facts For 2023
The podcast industry is booming with 41% of podcast listeners reported listening to more podcasts than ever before. Here are 50+ Podcast Statistics for %currentyear%
40+ Tumblr Statistics, Facts, and Demographics for 2023
This article features 40+ Tumblr statistics you might want to know about Tumblr’s blogs, posts, users, traffic, usage trends, market share, and revenue in 2021.
37+ Webinar Statistics and Facts For 2023
Whilst webinars have been around since 1999, for the last decade, their popularity has been rising steadily. Check out the latest webinar statistics here...