So, you’re here because you want to pause your ClickFunnels account…
We’ve been there, we know that there are a number of reasons why you might be looking to do this and that you’re struggling to figure out where that “pause” option is.
Perhaps you’re just getting into using ClickFunnels but you’re struggling to figure out your budget. Maybe you can’t afford to pay the full subscription fee this month.
No matter how long you’ve been using ClickFunnels, you’ll understand its benefits. ClickFunnels provides an incredibly flexible and easy way to set up your sales funnels and to boost your conversion rates.
Let’s be honest though, once you’ve started using ClickFunnels, it can often be difficult to stop.
You don’t want to cancel your account because you don’t want to start from scratch. You think that you might need to pause it because you’re having problems with your budget or with the software itself but you’re worried about what will happen to those funnels you’ve already created…
Before we get into how to pause your ClickFunnels account, it’s crucial that you bear this in mind…
What Will You Lose If You Pause Your ClickFunnels Account?
Unlike when cancelling your account, you won’t lose much of your data if you pause your account.
However, while pausing your ClickFunnels account does allow you to preserve your subdomain, contacts and funnels, it is not a completely safe option…
Your results using ClickFunnels will naturally be stunted for a period of time and your conversion rates will inevitably decrease because your potential clients will be notified of your absence. Any email sequences you have in place will stop running. You will also still be charged a lower monthly fee of $9.90.
This is actually a very reasonable cost to exchange for your funnels and pages being put on hold but the impact of pausing your account can, in fact, end up costing you more than you would save by pausing anyway. It can be hard to get things back up and running with the same momentum for a little while after resuming activity.
For this reason, you will only want to pause your ClickFunnels account if you need to adjust your budget and, most likely, when you are just starting out.
With all of that said, if you still need to pause your ClickFunnels account, let’s get into how you can actually go about it.
How To Pause Your ClickFunnels Account
To pause your ClickFunnels account:
- Go to your account settings in the profile menu on the top right of the page.
- From here, click “Account Billing” and “Cancel Account.”
- After this, you will be taken through a few steps which aim to find out the exact reason you wish to pause your account and, ultimately, to persuade you to remain on ClickFunnels.
- After the survey, you will be presented with the “Pause Account” option as well as the option to completely cancel your account.
If neither of these options is the route that you want to go down, there are other options…
Changing Your ClickFunnels Subscription Plan
If you’ve got your ClickFunnels account set up and you feel like you’re being held back by not having access to particular features- such as being allowed unlimited pages and funnels – it is best to upgrade your ClickFunnels plan. This can be done without pausing your account.
Equally, it’s important to bear in mind that ClickFunnels often starts users out on the higher subscription model so, if you don’t go in and downgrade initially, you will be charged the $297 monthly fee automatically.
Whether you’re looking to upgrade or feel that the lower subscription plan contains enough features for your specific business goals, the process of changing your subscription plan is incredibly simple.
How To Change Your ClickFunnels Subscription Plan
To change your ClickFunnels subscription plan, go, again, to the “Account Billing” tab and select “Choose a Different Plan.”
ClickFunnels Subscription Plans Overview:
There are two subscription plans to choose from when using ClickFunnels. The Startup Plan, costing $97.00 per month, is traditionally preferred by small businesses or businesses that are relatively new to online marketing.
The full suite or “Etison Suite” plan, which costs $297 per month, has far fewer limitations placed upon it and also includes Actionetics (email advertising software) as well as Backpack (affiliate management software). As a result, the Etison Suite plan is more popular with larger-scale businesses.
Optimizing Your ClickFunnels:
If you were considering pausing your ClickFunnels account because you feel that you are not getting the results you hoped for, but you are now thinking that pausing might not be the best option for you, there are a number of things you can do in order to optimize your ClickFunnels Account …
- Ensure that your offer is perfected. You aren’t going to see a great conversion rate no matter what software you use if your original offer isn’t enticing enough to your target audience.
- Improve your landing page and make the content clearer. Confusing landing pages with copy that does not flow can drastically decrease your conversion rate.
- Ensure that your ads connect properly to your landing pages. If you have an ad about gym equipment, for example, leading to a landing page about nutrition, your audience are likely going to click away.
- Your page speed load time is slow. Most pages created in ClickFunnels will have a decent load time but there are a number of things you can do to optimize your load speed if you notice that your page is not performing well in speed tests. Check back on our page for an article on this in the future.
In summary, yes you can pause your ClickFunnels account, but it is not the best option for everyone.
Pausing your account might be a good idea if you need to figure out your budget and don’t want to lose your funnels and pages but, most of the time, it is better to let your funnels continue to run and to optimize from there.